UPDATE 12:45 P.M. Wind Advisory Issued
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Nashville TN 1224 PM CDT Fri Mar 24 2023 TNZ005>011-023>034-056>066-075-077>080-093>095-250300- /O.NEW.KOHX.WI.Y.0009.230325T0000Z-230325T1200Z/ Stewart-Montgomery-Robertson-Sumner-Macon-Clay-Pickett-Houston- Humphreys-Dickson-Cheatham-Davidson-Wilson-Trousdale-Smith- Jackson-Putnam-Overton-Fentress-Perry-Hickman-Lewis-Williamson- Maury-Marshall-Rutherford-Cannon-De Kalb-White-Cumberland-Bedford- Coffee-Warren-Grundy-Van Buren-Wayne-Lawrence-Giles- Including the cities of Dover, Clarksville, Springfield, Hendersonville, Gallatin, Goodlettsville, Lafayette, Celina, Byrdstown, Erin, Tennessee Ridge, Waverly, New Johnsonville, McEwen, Dickson, Ashland City, Kingston Springs, Nashville, Lebanon, Mount Juliet, Hartsville, Carthage, South Carthage, Gordonsville, Gainesboro, Cookeville, Livingston, Jamestown, Allardt, Linden, Lobelville, Centerville, Hohenwald, Franklin, Brentwood, Columbia, Lewisburg, Murfreesboro, Smyrna, La Vergne, Woodbury, Smithville, Sparta, Crossville, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, Manchester, McMinnville, Altamont, Coalmont, Spencer, Clifton, Waynesboro, Lawrenceburg, and Pulaski 1224 PM CDT Fri Mar 24 2023 ...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM CDT SATURDAY... * WHAT...South winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected. * WHERE...Portions of Middle Tennessee. * WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 7 AM CDT Saturday. * IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and scattered power outages may result. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Tonight`s thunderstorms could produce even stronger winds in some areas, so be alert for possible warnings.
UPDATE 11:30 a.m. The Storm Prediction Center has moved most of our readership to a Category 3 of 5 for an enhanced risk of storms tonight. We will continue to monitor the situation and update you as needed.
8:00 a.m. Ok let’s barrel right into this so you have plenty of time to prepare, because, well Mother Nature likes to show up at our door late at night on a Friday.
- Expect High Wind Warnings this afternoon to be issued
- There is a possibility of a Flood Watch being issued later in the day also for parts of Middle Tennessee.
- Right now we are a 3 of 5 on the severity scale according to NWS
- Straight-line winds will definitely be the concern, but, can’t rule out the tornado risk
- Timing for Middle Tennessee: 9 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- The severity will be dependent on how much instability we get in the atmosphere. Simply put the higher the temperature and humidity, the greater the severe chance.
- There will probably be a round of strong storms coming thru most areas later this morning thru early afternoon. This will not be the main event. Depending on how much instability they suck out of the atmosphere will have a great effect on what we see this evening.
- Good news, your weekend looks pretty decent.
We will update throughout the day as needed